miércoles, 30 de abril de 2008

Este semestre

This class was very different than the normal college experience. Not only in the expected sense of a high work load, but mainly in the sense of the class itself. Not many classes at UT are as small as this one. Also, very few classes involve me as a student so directly. The up close and personal way that makes the class so different and entertaining really involved me and allowed me begin to understand a foreign language more fully than I previously could have imagined. Knowing that 506 is only the beginning, I can only hope to find everything the same in the next series of Spanish classes (except maybe a possible course load reduction....but probably not).
One thing about the class I wish to learn more about is the Latin American countries themselves. Previously, I was set on visiting Europe and Spain wasn't high on the list. Now, I'm almost split between my history interests in Europe and my Spanish cultural interests of South America. Now, it seems like Spain would be a great compromise between the two interests. Hopefully, as I'm certain to need Spanish in some foreign place eventually, I'll be able to look back to this blog and this class and remember how it all started with having to ask my girlfriend if there was an accent in este semestre.

No hay comentarios: