lunes, 18 de febrero de 2008

La Música

I started getting into Spanish music last year when my roommate introduced me to Juanes and Julieta Venegas, and since then I have really come to love many different Spanish artists and types of Spanish music. Julieta sings songs about things that many English singers do, for example in my favorite song of hers, No Seré, she talks about how she is not a perfect woman but she is just as capable of making someone happy. This is a topic many people in general are able to relate to, myself included. She has songs about love and songs about life, as does Juanes. Spanish music is just like that of English and it is just as easy to relate to, and in some cases, it's more fun to dance to. Some Spanish music has the beat that a lot of English music is missing out on [it's difficult to find an English song that is adequate for Cha Cha or Salsa dancing]. If I feel like I need to dance, I know that I can always count on Spanish music to get my feet moving.

No hay comentarios: