lunes, 18 de febrero de 2008

Juanes

I went into writing this blog pretty blind. I have never listened to any Spanish music and thought this would be a great opportunity to hear some. While on youtube, I came across a guy named Juanes. The first song I listened to was called "Me Enamora" (translated into English: "It Makes Me Fall in Love") . It was very catchy and I absolutely loved the beat. Compared to the slow love songs written in English, Me Enamora has a faster beat. I then watched a music video called "La Camisa Negra" (translated into English: "The Black Shirt"), which was also a very catchy song. This song has also topped the charts in many countries including Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama and Venezuela. I found out that there is some controversy with the song though. In Italy, the neo-fascist group was using it as support. I think it is very interesting how different countries interpret songs in different ways. As I was coming across all this music, I became interested in Juanes and decided to look up his biography. Juanes is from Colombia. He was in a group called Ekhymosis. In 1998, he decided to go solo and it seems as if he is very big in the Latin community. I am very glad I came across Juanes. I now consider myself a fan of his music and look forward to discovering more!

No hay comentarios: