lunes, 18 de febrero de 2008

Pan's Labyrinth pt 2

In response to Misha's post, I've also seen Pan's Labyrinth (it's one of my favorite movies!). I remember going to go see it in theaters and also trying to see how much Spanish I was able to catch and translate on my own (seeing as how I had a couple years of Spanish in high school). I remember getting very confused while watching the movie when different verb conjugations came into play because of all the different tenses used in Spanish. Conjugating verbs is definitely something to get used to, but I do feel like it's more helpful in establishing subject and verb agreement and it gets rid of a lot of subject verb confusion.
I was also fascinated by the historical aspect of the film. Since it was set in 1944 fascist Spain, it gave me a better look at conditions in post-Civil War in Spain. With the rebels still fighting the fascist army in the mountains, it allows Ofelia to escape the problems of the time and enter this fantasy world. Such a beautiful movie! Everyone must see it if they haven't already.

No hay comentarios: